- President of Reasoning from the Scriptures Ministries (a nonprofit ministry).
- Author of over 70 books (including 3 Silver Medallion winners).
- Keynote speaker at conferences across the United States.
- Regularly addresses current issues in the national media.
- As time permits, teaches cult apologetics at Dallas Theological Seminary, Veritas Evangelical Seminary (Murrieta, CA), and other well-known seminaries.
Ministry from 1988 to 1995
- Associate Editor of the Christian Research Journal.
- Editor of the Christian Research Newsletter.
- A "regular" on the Christian Research Institute's popular national radio broadcast, THE BIBLE ANSWER MAN.
- Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary (1986). Major: Systematic Theology. Graduated with High Honors.
- Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary (1983). Major: Systematic Theology. Graduated with Honors. Elected to Dean's List.
- B.A., Houston Baptist University (1979). Recipient of the Greek Excellence Award. Chief nominee for the Riverside Scholarship.
Books Authored by Ron Rhodes
- The End Times in Chronological Order
- The 8 Great Debates of Bible Prophecy
- 40 Days through Revelation
- 40 Days through Genesis
- 40 Days through Daniel
- 90 Days through the New Testament
- The Secret Life of Angels
- What Happens After Life
- Conversations with Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Christ Before the Manger: The Life and Times of the Preincarnate Christ
- Conviction without Compromise
- 5-Minute Apologetics for Today
- Northern Storm Rising
- The Big Book of Bible Answers
- Commonly Misunderstood Bible Verses
- The Complete Guide to Bible Translations
- The Popular Dictionary of Bible Prophecy
- Find It Quick Handbook on Cults and New Religions
- The Complete Guide to Christian Denominations
- The Complete Book of Bible Promises
- Answering the Objections of Atheists, Agnostics, and Skeptics
- Why Do Bad Things Happen if God is Good?
- The Ten Things You Need to Know About Islam
- The Truth Behind Ghosts, Mediums, and Psychic Phenomena
- Who Made God?
- The Wonder of Heaven
- What Does the Bible Say About...?
- The Challenge of the Cults: Their History, Their Doctrine, and Our Response
- The 10 Most Important Things You Can Say to a Jehovah's Witness
- The 10 Most Important Things You Can Say to a Mormon
- The 10 Most Important Things You Can Say to a Mason
- The 10 Most Important Things You Can Say to a Catholic
- Reasoning from the Scriptures with Catholics
- Reasoning from the Scriptures with Masons
- What Did Jesus Mean? Making Sense of the Puzzling Sayings of Jesus
- Find It Fast in the Bible: Your Complete Topical Reference
- Miracles Around Us: How to Recognize God at Work Today
- Alien Obsession
- When Cultists Ask (co-authored with Norman Geisler)
- Heaven: The Undiscovered Country
- Angels Among Us: Separating Truth from Fiction
- What Your Child Needs to Know About God
- Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses
- Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Mormons
- The New Age Movement
- The Counterfeit Christ of the New Age Movement
- The Counterfeit Gospel of Mormonism
- The Heart of Christianity: What It Means to Believe in Jesus
- The Culting of America
- Unmasking the Antichrist
- Bite Size BIble Answers
- Bite Size Bible Definitions
- Bite Size Bible Handbook
- Bite Size Bible Charts
- The Little Book about God
- The Little Book about the Bible
- The Little Book about Heaven
- Hebrews: A LifeChange Study Guide
- Proverbs: A LifeChange Study Guide
- 1 Thessalonians: A Life Change Study Guide
- When Servants Suffer: Study Guide
- The Apologetics Study Bible (Contributor)
Prior to becoming a Christian Ron had a very interesting part in American music history as a member of the Rhodes Kids. Here is a summary from IMB:
The Rhodes Kids was a family band from Texas that existed from 1970-1977. The members of this band were Gary, Paul, Ron, Brett, Mark, Marsha, Patty, and Rick.
Their mom was a virtuoso pianist while their dad was a chemical engineer for Exxon. Their mom trained all of them in piano early. They also trained under other teachers in the instruments of their choice. It was inevitable that they would start a band. They called themselves "The Rhodes Kids." They started out just for fun, performing in a local talent show. Eventually, they signed a contract with a manager and agent, and before long they were on the fast-track.
They performed in lots of exciting places, such as the International Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas with B.B. King. During that gig, Elvis Presley was in the Main Room at the same hotel. It was fun for them to see him almost every night-though he always had his "posse" of bodyguards around him. Soon, they graduated to the Main Show Room and did 40 shows with Ann Margret. While there, Bob Hope came to see their show and graciously paid a visit to their dressing room. They also enjoyed performing at the Main Room at the Flamingo Hilton with Barbara Eden ("I Dream of Genie"). During the years that followed, they performed concerts at Disneyland, Disneyworld, state fairs, concert venues, and various entertainment centers.
Additionally, in the 1970s they appeared on numerous network television shows, including the Merv Griffin Show, Mike Douglas Show (along with Richard Chamberlain), Dinah Shore Show (along with Jackie Gleason), American Bandstand with Dick Clark, Jerry Lewis Telethon (with Wayne Newton and Sammy Davis Jr.), a Walt Disney Special with Luci Arnaz, an Easter Seal Telethon with Peter Falk, and many others. These TV shows opened up a world of opportunity as they performed from New York to California. They now each have families of their own with children (21 in total) who are also quite musically talented.
- IMDb Mini Biography