On January 16, 2019, a press conference revealed the arrest of a 21-year-old Muslim man named Hasher Jallal Taheb in a plot to blow up the White House. Authorities assured us that Taheb was just another lone wolf, in a long string of so-called lone wolf attackers. But do law enforcement authorities really know why we keep getting such individual attackers? And do they understand the threat doctrine, that jihad is the mainstream result of traditional Islam?
The acceptable Mainstream answer is, “No, they do not!” Like much of our society, our authorities have been routinely mis-educated about the Islamic Movement, its goal, and its doctrine. And until we fix that problem, the survival of our free society remains gravely at risk, as that cause of Islam grows among us.
In his press statement, the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia, Byung J. “B.J.” Pak, said, “The investigating and prosecuting of individuals who seek to cause mass casualty is the number one priority of law enforcement.” He went on to explain that Taheb’s alleged intent was to use “explosive devices including an improvised explosive device and anti-tank rocket.” Taheb was “charged with violating Title 18, USC 844-F-1, Attempt to damage by means of an explosive any building owned, possessed, or leased by the United States, or any department or agency thereof,” which is punishable by five to 20 years.
He continued, “The [Joint Terrorism Task Force] initiated the case after receiving a tip from the community,” and “all potential threats have been neutralized, and they have been under control from the inception of this case.”
Then, FBI Special Agent in Charge, Chris Hacker, added, “The investigation is continuing, but at this stage it is believed Taheb was acting on his own.”
Let’s first establish the “official” timeline of events, as they are on the awareness level of law enforcement. It is that flawed level of awareness—the limitation of the things that law enforcement have been trained to consider as factors in a case—which accounts for their inability to properly neutralize the threat, despite the grand claims that they make to the public.
The criminal complaint said that a community member contacted law enforcement in March 2018. The warning was that Taheb had “become radicalized, changed his name and made plans to travel abroad.” From the March date, it would seem that authorities were merely watching, for all of the next five months—But, were they watching the right things?
In their failure to understand the threat doctrine of Islam, authorities are trained to look for connections to terror cells overseas. They are blind to mosques, imams, and all manner of influence operations that exist inside America, where a jihadi like Taheb is most likely to make contact with such Islamic influences. Law enforcement, especially at the national level, is clueless about the supremacist, conquest nature of the vast Islamic network operating in the open inside the United States. So how far did Taheb really have to reach, to find support and purpose for committing violent jihad in America?
According to the criminal complaint, “Taheb explained that jihad was an obligation, that he wanted to do as much damage as possible, and that he expected to be a ‘martyr.” The truth is that Taheb can find such ideas in every single mosque, Islamic center, and Islamic school in America. The obligatory jihad commands are in every Muslim’s Quran. And the glorification of martyrdom in the “cause of Allah” (jihad) is available and taught in each of those institutions in America by the dominant Islamic Law text, Reliance of the Traveler, and by 7th grade Islamic school textbooks.
But let’s examine just some of the Quran commands. Taheb could simply get his validation of these commands from his imam:
- Verse 4:144 “O you who have believed, do not take the disbelievers as allies instead of the believers. Do you wish to give Allah against yourselves a clear case?”
- (This clearly establishes a command for Taheb that you and I, non-Muslims, are to be targets of jihad, rather than friends, so as to NOT upset Allah against Taheb, as a Muslim seeking Allah’s favor.)
- Verse 5:51 “O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you – then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.”
- [Taheb wanted to target a Jewish synagogue. This verse explains why.)
- Verse 8:12 “So strike [them] upon the necks.”
- (One of the more horrific commands given to Muslims to kill non-Muslims.)
- Verse 47:4 “So when you meet those who disbelieve [in battle], strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens. That [is the command]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken vengeance upon them [Himself], but [He ordered armed struggle] to test some of you by means of others. And those who are killed in the cause of Allah – never will He waste their deeds.”
- (It is made clear to Taheb here that the cause of Allah is to kill non-Muslims such as you and me, or the unsuspecting interns in the White House.)
- Verse 4:89 “They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah. But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.”
- (That command is a direct incitement to murder, found in this book in every Islamic home, in every mosque, Islamic center, Islamic school, Islamic book store, inside America.)
- Verse 2:216 “Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.”
- (Taheb admitted that he wanted to perform the OBLIGATION of jihad, and to become a martyr. This verse explains why his desire is not only acceptable in mainstream Islam but is OBLIGATORY. It is enjoined upon him.)
- Verse 5:33 “Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified.”
- (Mainstream Islamic doctrine clarifies that those who wage war against Allah are the non-Muslims. A devoted Muslims jihadi like Taheb is simply taking Allah at his word, because in his ideology, his eternal escape from the horrors of Hell fire depend upon it.)
- Verse 4:95 “Not equal are those believers remaining [at home] – other than the disabled – and the mujahideen, [who strive and fight] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred the mujahideen through their wealth and their lives over those who remain [behind], by degrees. And to both Allah has promised the best [reward]. But Allah has preferred the mujahideen over those who remain [behind] with a great reward -”
- (Taheb is told by this verse command that as a mujahideen martyr, who slaughters non-Muslims, he will be greatly preferred by Allah over other Muslims who do not commit jihad.)
- Verse 8:60 “strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah.”
- (So, in the bizarre, Western mis-conceptualization of mainstream Islam, for a devoted Muslim like Taheb to be labelled as “radicalized” means that he accepts these supreme commands, which are revered by the same Allah that every devoted Muslim bows down to in prayers.)
So, while the FBI was searching for connections to overseas terror groups which do not connect, Taheb was evidently simply reading his Quran, and taking it as the perfect word of Allah, because his Islamic school, his Islamic center, his mosque, and his imam all say that it is perfect and supreme. Taheb is not “radicalized.” He is simply observant, and logically adherent to the mainstream doctrine that exists and that is taught by the vast Islamic Movement.
On Aug. 25, 2018, as the criminal complaint alleges, Taheb listed his vehicle for sale to fund a trip. Taheb allegedly said he planned to travel to “hijra,” a term that refers to lands controlled by Islamic State. It is evidently at this point, five months into the investigation, that the FBI went beyond simply watching and searching. So, then the FBI informant used the car sale as a reason to make contact with Taheb. Days later, the two met.
In October 2018, Taheb then met the FBI informant in Cumming, about 40 miles north of Atlanta. In this meeting, Taheb told the informant that he “wished to conduct an attack in the United States against targets such as the White House and the Statue of Liberty.” One has to wonder what the two had in common, for one to feel secure enough to openly declare a mass murder plot to the other, and not fear revulsion or exposure. Just as a point, it should send red flags all over the FBI and American society about the nature of Islamic cult membership.
At the beginning of December 2018, Taheb arranged another meeting. This time, it was with the informant and also an undercover FBI agent. This seems to be the point at which Taheb believed himself to be founding a jihad “group” or cell, by which the three of them would carry out his White House attack plot. And it again brings to mind the issue of ready trust among the “group” members. For a feeling of “brotherhood” alliance, the Islamic group identity is that powerful. For a non-Muslim, it should always be concerning.
A few days later, Taheb and his small “group” held another meeting in Alpharetta, during which Taheb revealed a composition notebook, in which he had a “hand-drawn diagram of the ground floor of the West Wing” of the White House.
By mid-December, Taheb expanded his target list to include the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial and a synagogue. He also began to discuss particular weapons to be acquired for the attacks.
By January 2019, Taheb allegedly discussed his desire for growing the “group,” his disdain for the U.S. and Israel, and also his worries about his family finding out his plans.
The attack was planned for Thursday, January 17, 2019. But the FBI finally arrested Taheb on the 16th, immediately after Taheb picked up a backpack with the weapons, which had been delivered by the FBI team — “three semi-automatic assault rifles, three explosive devices with remote initiation and one AT-4,” an anti-tank rocket launcher.
According to the court document, Taheb had said that “jihad was the best deed in Islam and the peak of Islam.” And that is where the threat lies, and why the FBI approach to a case like this is so misguided, and ultimately so ineffective for our safety.
In the end, what the FBI and the rest of the JTTF team did was to spend almost a whole year working to sting a marginally competent young jihad attacker. They may have wasted countless hours and resources trying to find connections to terror cells and leaders thousands of miles away.
But Taheb only needed to open his Quran, and to ask his local imam about verses, in order to convince himself of his statement above. By verse 2:216, we have seen above that Taheb’s Quran tells him directly that Allah commands jihad; by 4:95, that Allah prefers those who perform jihad, the mujahideen, “by degrees” over those who do not commit jihad.
In his paraphrase of Quran verses, Taheb is referencing and repeating mainstream Islamic doctrine. But the FBI is not looking at that doctrine, or at its degree of mainstream propagation in America. Taheb must clearly be talking to mainstream Muslim leaders, who must tell him that jihad means what it says in Quran. But the FBI is not questioning those mainstream Islamic leaders, nor looking at their teaching texts, in their Islamic schools, in their Islamic centers, in their mosques. The FBI is utterly failing to make a proper threat assessment, because they have no idea that the threat doctrine is Islam.
And as the Islamic Movement grows in America, the number of FBI agents, who are too tied up looking overseas for false connections to declared terror groups, cannot grow enough to equalize that unseen Islamic threat doctrine as it expands at home. The FBI needs a revolutionary change in understanding the threat and how to deal with it or they and we will be defeated.
More Tahebs are growing up in America every day, and more are immigrating to America. They are being trained in the threat doctrine in Islamic schools, and in Islamic centers and in mosques, by more imams, who cannot deny the word of Allah as it is stated in Quran. The threat doctrine within that book clearly commands Muslims, by word of Allah, that they will be rewarded so much more “by degrees” if they will terrorize, conquer, and kill non-Muslims.
So in time, how many “lone wolf” cases like Taheb’s will the FBI miss finding? They cannot watch for them all, if they are instead looking for fantastical ties to terror groups overseas, while being oblivious to the core beliefs and doctrinal training that is being given by the imam next door, or on their own advisory councils. They cannot rely on “informers” from “the community.”
The Islamic Movement is conquering America. The jihadi who convinces the FBI agent to look the other way, instead of at the actual threat doctrine in front of him, is just as dangerous as the jihadi who plots a rocket attack. They share the same Quran, the same doctrine, the same commands from Allah to conquer and kill. They are united in the same Islamic Movement, with the same goal to turn this land over to rule by Sharia. They are not alone.
By Aynaz Anni Cyrus, National Director of American Truth Project at https://www.americantruthproject.org/ Anni was sold for $50 as a child bride in Iran. Rebelling against a life of sex slavery, she escaped to America. Now an American citizen, she is a leading spokeswoman against the evils of Islam.
We're a 100% Listener Supported Network
3 Simple Ways to Support WVW Foundation
Make Monthly Donations
A One-Time Donation
Mail In Your Donation
Worldview Weekend Foundation
PO BOX 1690
Collierville, TN, 38027 USA
Donate by Phone